Jessop Medical Practice

Greenhill Lane, Leabrooks, Alfreton, DE55 1LU

Telephone: 01773 602707

Sorry, we're closed

Church Farm Primary Care Centre, Steeple Drive, Ripley, DE5 3TH | Telephone: 01773 602707


NHS Derby MSK app is now available to all patients. It’s a FREE, easy-to-use tool helping you to self-manage your muscle, bone, and joint (MSK) injuries and conditions.

•  No need to wait for an appointment

•  Instant access to a personalised plan

•  Safe and effective

What is getUBetter?

getUBetter is an app helping you self-manage at home, work, and on the move. It can be accessed on a Smartphone or via the Web.

It covers a range of MSK injuries and condition, like back pain and ankle pain, and is designed to help you recover, understand when and where to seek help, and prevent further injuries.

What will I get? 

  • A personalised recovery plan
  • Step-by-step guidance
  • Exercises based on your condition
  • Advice to seek help, if needed
  • Referral to your local healthcare providers, treatments, and services, if needed
Who is getUBetter for? 

  • Anyone over 18
  • Anyone who’s been advised or chose to self-manage
  • Anyone waiting for treatment
How do I download and use getUBetter?

  1. Follow the link to access your local health service – getUBetter
  2. With the same email, create an account on the app
  3. Follow the instructions on the app, get your recovery plan and get better!

Need more help? Get in touch:



If you are 18 and over, you can now self refer for Physiotherapy. If you are unsure they can help, you can complete on online form here and they will get back to you.

Online Physiotherapy Self Referral Form  

Telephone Therapy Direct – 01246 565050

Phone line open from 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday to Friday.

Answer Machine available 24 hours

Self Help

Here are some useful links for self help for issues with pain and injuries in the following:

All of this is provided by Derbyshire Community Health Services below.

Derbyshire Community Health Service has a lot of resources which can also be used for acute pain and injuries as well as longstanding issues.

You can access this from here

Minor Injuries

If your injury is not serious, you can get help from a Minor Injuries Unit (MIU), rather than going to an A&E department. Minor Injuries Units can treat sprains and strains, broken bones, wound infections, minor burns and scalds, minor head injuries, insect and animal bites, minor eye injuries, injuries to the back, shoulders and chest.

There are nearby MIUs at Ripley Community Hospital and Ilkeston Community Hospital and no appointment is normally necessary as they offer a walk in service.